Job Posting: BFT Member Organizer Position
Job Title: BFT Organizer: Membership
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Thursday December 14
All BFT members are encouraged to consider applying. This is a critical position to ensure our union remains strong and prepared for the Janus Supreme Court decision.
Note: Interviews for this position will be held on Thursday, January 4, 2018 after school.
- Work with BFT officers and Site Reps to implement a strategic plan to strengthen BFT in order to prepare for the Janus decision that may reduce union membership locally and will reduce union power nationally.
- Attend twice-monthly Organizing Team meetings.
- Communicate regularly with assigned Site Reps via phone and in person about updating membership forms and speaking to non-members.
- Attend all BFT Exec Board and membership meetings.
- Contact members by phone and possibly at sites to sign new membership forms and to join BFT.
- Promote Union activities and campaigns with members.
- Talk individually with members about union membership and our Committee on Political Education (COPE/PAC).
Interest in working on both short and long-term projects, working closely with a team of union colleagues, and gaining new skills.
Willingness to be in regular communication with Site Reps and members in person and by phone.
Term: January 8, 2018 - June 15, 2018. Some evening work required.
Compensation: A stipend of up to $2600 for 2018, with an expectation of four hours of work per week. Professional development opportunities will be provided. There may be release time available; please apply and include interest in release time on your application.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your past experience, along with a resume, to Cathy Campbell, BFT President via email. The BFT Officers Council will conduct interviews and select the 2018 BFT Membership Organizer.